Egyptian cotton sheets are the ultimate mark of luxury when it comes to a peaceful night’s sleep. It is the bed linen of choice of the elite and affluent people, as it is said to offer the most luxurious feel and the highest comfort among other types of bed linens.
Egyptian cotton is said to produce longer cotton fibres, which is the secret of their superior softness and durability. But did you know that the cotton plants in Egypt were originally transported from its native soil in America? These were transplanted to Egypt in mid-1800s, and now most high-quality cotton produce come from Egypt.
If you are considering buying Egyptian cotton linens, here are six major reasons why these make a good long-term investment.
- Higher Thread Count – A major indicator of a cotton’s quality is its thread count. The thread count is a measuring unit that denotes the quantity of threads woven into a square inch of fabric. Experts say the higher the thread count is, the more luxurious the fabric is. The standard thread count ranges from 300 to 1,000.
- Longest Staples – As mentioned earlier, Egyptian cotton has longer fibres. The length of these cotton fibres is referred to as staples. The longer staples are preferred as these indicate longer threads and stronger fibres. Out of all the cotton materials today, Egyptian cotton reportedly has the longest staples, which makes them the best choice for creating the finest and softest cotton bed linens in UAE.
- Extraordinary Durability – Because of its higher thread count and longer staples, Egyptian cotton can last longer than other cotton sheets and materials. More so, if it is given proper care, such as weekly washing to get rid of dust and dirt.
- Superior Breathability – Egyptian cotton sheets allow more air to pass through, which gives users a higher level of comfort. It is ideal for individuals who tend to sweat profusely at night, or those who experience hot flashes. The coolness and comfort it offers also help improve quality of sleep.
- Pilling-free – Egyptian cotton sheets do not have pilling, or the formation of small fibre balls in fabrics. Pilling is common in fabrics with lower threat counts or subpar quality. But since Egyptian cotton has longer threads and create little to no lint, individuals will barely see instances of pilling, ensuring they get to use a truly soft and smooth cotton sheet.
Long-term Practicality – Yes, the initial price tag of first-rate quality Egyptian cotton sheets may cost you a lot. However, if you think long-term, these are worthy investments as they can last for years – or even decades! This means you won’t have to splurge on new bed sheets anytime soon. Plus, no price can match the promise of a good peaceful sleep every night. If you are interested in getting your very own Egyptian cotton sheets, visit https://meroe.me/ now!