All of us have bought a piece (or more) of expensive clothing. It is an investment we can use for special occasions, especially when we need to make an impact. After all, wouldn’t you want to look dashing during a corporate gathering? Or perhaps be the centre of attention in a red-carpet event?
Pricey clothing, however, usually requires high maintenance to keep them in excellent condition. As these come with a hefty price tag, it is essential that you take good care of them so you can preserve their superior quality and use them again in the future. Here’s an easy-to-follow guide on how you can care for your expensive clothing and fully maximise your smart clothing investment.
1) The first thing to do is check the care label of your clothing. All garments have directions on how to best care for them, and what process is or is not allowed. Check if your clothing is suitable for machine wash, if you should cold or hot water, if should be spin dried, or not.
2) Not all clothing items can be loaded to the wash or taken care of by your trusted provide of laundry service in Dubai Marina. In this case, you need to learn how to do handwashing. These items may include delicate items such as those made of silk and satin. When you hand wash, be sure to use a clean basic or tub. It should be from mould and mildew, as well as any chemical ingredients you used before.
3) If you accidentally spill wine on your clothing, you need to treat and remove the stain immediately. If you can, soak the stain with water to dilute it while it hasn’t fully settled in the fabric. Avoid using hot water for this, as it may “cook” the stain and make it permanent. Use cold water or one that is room temperature. Make sure to apply the water behind the stained part of the cloth, so the stain leeches off the surface and does not settle further.
4) To better remove stain without damaging the fabric, soaking the fabric in water for several hours can do the trick. This method breaks down the stain, making it easier and faster to wash it. Be sure to fully submerge the clothing in water to make sure the area of concern changes in size along with the rest.
5) If you do not wish to do any harm to your expensive clothes, you can always bring them to a laundry shop offering professional dry cleaning in Dubai Marina. Laundry shops have experts who can handle a variety of fabrics and they know how to clean these best without damaging them.